Any medical aspirant who wish to secure a seat for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery), MD (Doctor of Medicine) , BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) in India, need to appear for NEET exam as per the ruling of hon. Supreme court of India.
The NEET UG Test will permit class XII students to appear in the single entrance test to get admission to every single medical school in India, including private medical universities.
Eligibility for NEET exam
- Any medical aspirant (Indian national) who has completed 17 years during admission or who will complete 17 years by 31st December of the year in which they are seeking admission is eligible. Candidate need to score an aggregate of 50% marks in streams like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and also need to score passing marks for English in the qualifying exam from recognized board to appear for NEET.
- Upper age limit for appearing in the NEET exam will be in accordance with the norms of Institutions /Universities/State.
Interested candidates may apply for NEET exam by filling the forms online; the entire application process is online and candidates need not send any documents relevant to application form to the NEET or CBSE office. Fees for appearing in the NEET exam can be paid through either online payment method or through e-challan issued by approved banks. There is no attempt limit for NEET exam.
NEET exam pattern
NEET UG exam will be an offline test. NEET UG follows the same pattern and syllabus as AIPMT. The NEET UG exam would comprise of a single sheet of paper comprising of 180 objective questions that have a total of four choices with a single correct answer for each. The objective questions can be from any of the courses, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) to be given on the OMR sheet. The multiple-choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus The length of the paper would be 3 hours. Candidates should make sure to give answer to only those questions for which they are confident of as one mark will be subtracted from every wrong answer. Right response will fetch you 4 marks.
Candidates may download the admit card from website, until one day before the NEET-UG exam is conducted. Candidates need to make sure to carry the following to the exam hall:
- Admit card in which your passport-size photo is glued.
- Postcard-size photo glued into the performa.
- One passport-size photo which has to be glued to the attendance sheet (in the presence of supervisor)
One could check the result for NEET-UG exam from official website www.aipmt.nic.in or www.cbseresults.nic.in. NEET exam result is valid for only one year, and there is no provision for re-checking the exam sheet.
Always remember one thing, if you make up your mind to achieve a target, and then don’t stop following it till you reach it.